The Frontend Technical Lead, eCommerce Engineering role hands-on and provides technical leadership and software engineering guidance to Software Engineers (Frontend) who are creating our next generation of Digital Experiences for both our flagship digital (eCommerce) and physical retail direct-to-consumer channels. This role will partner very closely with Product Owners & Product Management to identify technical software development opportunities, shape technical development roadmaps, and ultimately execute the technical development of our websites and applications. This role will have the opportunity to work with a team of Software Engineers (Backend and Frontend) working to develop innovative solutions with React, Next.JS, Storybook, Layer0 (Edg.io), Amplience, Node.js, commerce tools and many lead-edge solutions in the MACH ecosystem.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelors degree or relevant experience
- 5+ Years in Frontend Development responsibilities, including multiple years of experience specifically on React and Next.js
- Experience with Storybook
- Experience with Google Core Web Vitals
- Experience with service-mesh, microservices and APIs (GraphQL, REST)
- Internalizing industry best practices: modular approach, performance, security, CI/CD approach, automation tests, code, and release management
- Experience with static and/or dynamic code analyzers, linters etc.
- Experience with understanding of Cloud-native technologies (EBS, ECS, S3, API Gateway, Lambda, etc.)
- Good understanding of infrastructure, networks, and security best practices
- Strong communication, teamwork, and cross-functional skills
What would be your key responsibilities?
- Develop React, Next.js frontend at scale with a focus on customer experience and leverage across channels.
- You will be a frontend technical leader, programmer, mentor, and role model, and confident in providing technical hands-on leadership to a team of Software Engineers (Frontend)
- Responsible for frontend site stability
- Responsible for ensuring ADA compliance.
- Responsible for frontend development, reliability, and performance, including but not limited to Google Core Web Vitals industry benchmarks.
- Highly attentive and responsive to communication
- Mentors Associates to ensure high standards of technical excellence.
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 with diverse and talented Associates, all guided by The Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we're striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
All applicants must have permanent legal authorization to work in the United States. Mars does not sponsor employment visas for this role.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Is something off with this posting?
Help make sure perfwork's listings are relevant and helpful. If anything seems off, let me know.