Elevate your engineering prowess to unprecedented levels by joining a team of exceptionally gifted professionals and position yourself among the top echelon in site reliability.
As a Senior Lead Site Reliability Engineer at JPMorgan Chase within the Consumer & Community Banking in Risk Technology, you work with your fellow stakeholders to define non-functional requirements (NFRs) and availability targets for the services in your application and product lines. You will ensure those NFRs are accounted for in your products' design and test phases, that your service level indicators are effectively measuring customer experience, and that service level objectives are defined with stakeholders and implemented in production.
- Creates high quality designs, roadmaps, and program charters that are delivered by you or the engineers under your guidance
- Provides advice and mentoring to other engineers and acts as a key resource for technologists seeking advice on technical and business-related issues
- Demonstrates site reliability principles and practices every day and champions the adoption of site reliability throughout your team
- Collaborates with others to create and implement observability and reliability designs for complex systems that are robust, stable, and do not incur additional toil or technical debt
- Works toward becoming an expert on the applications and platforms in your remit while understanding their interdependencies and limitations
- Evolves and debug critical components of applications and platforms
- Provides comprehensive and ongoing guidance, tools, and solutions to support the firms' growth
- Makes significant contributions to JPMorgan Chase's site reliability community via internal forums, communities of practice, guilds, and conferences
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Advanced knowledge in site reliability culture and principles with demonstrated ability to implement site reliability within an application or platform
- Advanced knowledge and experience in observability such as white and black box monitoring, service level objectives, alerting, and telemetry collection using tools such as Grafana, Dynatrace, Prometheus, Datadog, Splunk, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of software applications and technical processes with considerable depth in one or more technical disciplines
- Ability to communicate data-based solutions with complex reporting and visualization methods
- Ability to anticipate, identify, and troubleshoot defects found during testing
- Working knowledge on Public cloud - AWS/Azure/GCP on on software engineering concepts and 10+ years of applied experience
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Recognized as an active contributor of the engineering community
- Continues to expand network and leads evaluation sessions with vendors to see how offerings can fit into the firm's strategy
- Strong communication skills with ability to mentor and educate others on site reliability principles and practices
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents and perspectives that they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs. (If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability and wish to request an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us by calling the Accessibility Line (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690 and indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.)
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base salary determined based on the role, experience, skill set, and location. For those in eligible roles, we offer discretionary incentive compensation which may be awarded in recognition of firm performance and individual achievements and contributions. We also offer a range of benefits and programs to meet employee needs, based on eligibility. These benefits include comprehensive health care coverage, on-site health and wellness centers, a retirement savings plan, backup childcare, tuition reimbursement, mental health support, financial coaching and more. Additional details about total compensation and benefits will be provided during the hiring process.
JPMorgan Chase is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Veterans
Is something off with this posting?
Help make sure perfwork's listings are relevant and helpful. If anything seems off, let me know.