Cloudera is looking for an experienced Principal Engineer to play a key role in driving performance and scale for our data warehouse offerings across multiple cloud providers.
At Cloudera, we empower people to transform complex data into clear and actionable insights. Powered by the relentless innovation of the open source community, Cloudera's platforms excel at the high end of scale and price-performance and are used by the world's largest businesses.
As a Principal Performance Engineer you will:
- Work with internal development teams and the open source community to proactively drive performance improvements/optimizations across our data warehouse stack.
- Work with product managers, developers and the field team to understand performance and scale requirements and customer workload characteristics, and develop benchmarks and related performance analysis tooling based on these requirements.
- Analyze performance and scalability characteristics to identify bottlenecks in large-scale distributed systems.
- Perform root cause analysis of performance issues identified by internal testing and from customers and suggest corrective actions.
- Evaluate performance of competitor systems.
We're excited about you if you have:
- 8+ years of industry experience in performance related work ideally on large scale distributed systems.
- Understanding of DBMS algorithms and data structure fundamentals.
- Understanding of hardware trends and full stack systems performance: CPU, RAM, storage, network, Linux kernel, JVM, distributed systems performance.
- Deep understanding of performance measurement methodologies and performance analysis tools and techniques.
- Strong design and coding skills (Java/C++/Golang/Python preferred)
- Ability to work in a distributed setting with team members spread across multiple geographies
- Demonstrated ability to work on large cross-functional projects, including strong communication skills and a collaborative mindset, as you will be working with many teams inside and outside of Cloudera.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
You may also have:
- Experience with the Hadoop ecosystem (i.e. Hive, Impala, Kudu)
- Hands-on experience with public cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure and/or GCP), containerization, and Kubernetes.
What you can expect from us:
- Generous PTO Policy
- Support work life balance withUnplugged Days
- Flexible WFH Policy
- Mental & Physical Wellness programs
- Phone/Internet Reimbursement program
- Access to Continued Career Development
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Competitive Packages
- Paid Volunteer Tim
- Employee Resource Groups
The expected base salary for this role in:
- California is $259,000 - $324,000
- Please note that the compensation details listed in our job postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include commissions or bonus as applicable
- The salary will vary depending on your job-related skills, experience and location
Cloudera is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
9 Individual Contributor
Is something off with this posting?
Help make sure perfwork's listings are relevant and helpful. If anything seems off, let me know.